Guest!
please register
in all uppercase.
welcome to can't blind me, an tiny tower inspired apartment rp set in busan, south korea.please register in capital letters.

best viewed in chrome.

Add Reply
New Poll

locked out, open
HAN EUN MI
 Posted: Feb 29 2016, 06:26 PM
N/A

Getting all turned around after visiting a close friend and colleague from the café, there was a momentary lapse of judgement when stepping out of that elevator on whether or not she’d been going in the right direction toward the exit ways. For a person that never minded crashing on another’s couch for a few days to a week’s time this became a rather rare occurrence. One that she would use against her brother’s the next time they complain about her dropping in for unexpected visits and trying to in their words out stay her welcome. “Where’s the lobby? I pressed first… ah I’m so sleepy why is this happening now?” whining out in a flustered manner as her hands flew up to ruffle as that head of hair and she continued to press the down button waiting for the elevator to travel its way right back up.

After ten minutes of waiting, the impatient side of Eun Mi fanned a hand towards the elevator doors so that she could go off in search of the stairway. It might take her all night to make it down every single one of them but she would! A determined nod to herself and she was pushing her way out from one of the door, only to be led outside and however her intention she could not exactly catch a taxi in the sky. “Oh my gosh—ah!” surprised over and feeling a heavy uneasiness in her chest.

There was one thing in the world the young woman couldn’t face and that was heights. Those undetermined heights where she couldn’t be too sure if everything was safe or not. Turning around the very moment she caught onto how open this skydeck was, Eun Mi rushed back to the door push and tugging frantically at the handle until she was practically hitting against the door hollering for anyone to come save her in the dead of the night.

“Please! Hello, is there anyone out there I can’t open the door! Please, please let me back in.” all it took would have been for her to calm down and get her thoughts together, but being the spazztatic woman that she was things like that weren’t bound to happen anytime soon.

PM
^
BANG DONG HAE
 Posted: Mar 15 2016, 09:38 PM

Dong Hae sat back from his desk with a huff.  In a room that was all but overflowing with random personal effects, the large, scarred wood work space took up a dominating amount of room.  On this particular night, it was all but taken over buy bits of modeling clay, small tools of the trade, and pages of sketches and different photos to be used as a frame of reference.  He had been working on this particular project for three days.  For the most part, he was happy with the course work given as a fine arts major, and there had been a marked improvement and growth in his sculpting since he started at the university the year before.  But that didn't mean he enjoyed all the assignments equally.  This latest one, where he was suppose to sculpt a bust of a recognizable personality was particularly frustrating.  His work always geared towards the abstract, and realism was not his forte. 

He stared at the lump of clay before him, the features of which were there, but had a distorted quality.  His brows furrowed in annoyance, already considering the idea that he may need to start from scratch.  Again. "Fuck it." He muttered under his breath, pushing his chair back abruptly.  There was only so much he could do in a night before the urge to just smash the pliable material to a pulp took over.   He stood from the desk, stretching his arms over his head, trying to work the kink that had formed from sitting hunched over for so long out of his back.  He needed to get out, away from his room, away from the apartment. He needed to give himself a break.

Judging from how quiet the apartment seemed, his roommates were either already out and about, or all tucked in for the night, which suited him well enough, he wasn't really feeling the company. He picked up his phone and pack of smokes  shoving them into his pocket and grabbed a hoodie from a pile of clothes on the floor.  He pulled it on over his head, leaving his hair disheveled and left the apartment. 

The elevator door opened when it reached the top floor.  Sometimes Dong Hae felt like the best part of living in the tower was the skydeck.  He often would wander up when he wanted some fresh air and space, just taking in the view from the height and enjoying the almost ever present breeze while he had a few smokes.  It was calming and pretty much the perfect distraction when he needed it.  He had already pulled a smoke from the pack, and as he pushed open the door to the outside it was dangling from his lips, just waiting for a flick of flame from his lighter.

It wasn't entirely unexpected that there would be someone up there already, Dong Hae was hardly the only one who made use of the roof space, though this late at night it was usually a safe bet that it would be empty.  What was unexpected was the frantic looking young woman standing right at the door as he walked out.  He nearly collided with her, his hands coming up in a halting gesture as the door shut behind him with a snap. He let out a startled little curse, the smoke dropping from between his lips.  "Christ, you think maybe right in front of the door isn't the best place to park yourself?" He said, bending down to retrieve the fallen cigarette. As he straightened out, his eyes suddenly widened and he turned to the already closed door, a thought striking him. This late, the doors automatically locked from the inside. A useless security feature since it seemed unlikely that anyone would be using the roof to break into the building, but a feature nonetheless. His eyes found the little square of cardboard that he, and presumably others who snuck out to the roof for a smoke or other reasons, used to wedge between the door and frame, keeping it propped open enough to stop the lock from latching. The girl had surprised him, and the door had shut before he had any thought of retrieving the impromptu door stop. Well, that probability explained the somewhat panicked look on the girls face. He sighed, his head dropped down. “Well shit... We’re locked out, aren’t we?” he said resignedly.
PM
^
HAN EUN MI
 Posted: Mar 15 2016, 10:07 PM
N/A

A stifled laugh of distress followed by a glare, that if looks could kill surely the man beside her, the very cause of being closed out there for a second time that night would have dropped dead by now but one couldn’t be that unlucky could they? “Why didn’t you catch the door? Didn’t you hear me screaming for help?” this must’ve been how the protagonist in horror movies felt when they were left alone stalked by some unknown threatening creature or killer. Screaming and screaming for someone to rescue them from whatever the demise the predator had planned, which fell short because no matter how loud their voices called no one seemed to hear them in time.

Looking the other up and down for a quick moment Eun Mi couldn’t help the thought that came next, surely he had to have heard the loud banging. Maybe, just maybe he’d been listening to her calls for help this entire time. A pervert of some sort that waited out the fact that no other would come to interrupt them once he finally pounced on his prey. One—no two steps back as the expression on the woman’s face became tenser, brows turned down in a heavy from and she hurried dropped her arms down to her sides kicking off one shoe so that she could hurriedly pick it up holding it in a defensive mode.

Lovely battler stance. “Stay back, stay back or I’ll … I’ll …. Do something really dangerous I’m lethal you don’t want to mess with me.” Very convincing, definitely. Nine times out of ten she might have been the first or second to die in a horror film trying to pull a stunt like this, all the while her voice quivered despite how brave she tried to look. In moments such as these one couldn’t exactly take the time to fully check someone out. His hands didn’t look to clean though. What if she wasn’t the first victim he got to? What if she was just a fun little after thought from a bigger job. He could’ve been some type of assassin too.

The top of half of him didn’t look all that threatening but that could’ve been the perfect way to pass off so he would’ve be expect. Eun Mi couldn’t to how the heel up high, breathing heavily and whacking in terrible aim at the air in front of her in hopes of keeping the other from daring to take a step closer. “Help! Please help me, there’s a strange man!” hollering out towards the door though she trailed off after the last bit. A strange man? That didn’t sound like something that would make someone come rushing with the cavalry.

The only other unfortunate thing to happen that night had been the fact of this poor man having to be stuck outside in the late of the night with a wild Eun Mi. Hopefully, the two of them would last long enough to be saved before one opted to throw the other right over a ledge.

PM
^
BANG DONG HAE
 Posted: Mar 15 2016, 11:06 PM

Dong Hae brought the smoke back up to his mouth, lips turned down into a little frown.  He was barely paying attention to the woman, he was more preoccupied with lighting the cigarette.  He would deal with the locked door situation after that.  A small flash of fire from his lighter and he inhaled in.  Smoke curled out from his lips as he exhaled slowly.  He glanced at the woman, eyebrows raised a little as he shook his head at her question on whether he heard her.  "Nope." He reached out and pounded on the door. "Doors tend to be pretty sound proof.  Kind of one of their main functions. Keep people out. Keep sound out. It kind of goes hand in hand. And I would have caught the door, had there not been some crazed woman standing directly on the other side ready to accost any one who may or may not choose to come up to the roof. You scared the living shit out of me.” he raised his hand up to his mouth, a theatrical whispering gesture “In case you missed it, it was you. The crazed woman. Spoiler alert.

He took another drag from his smoke, conscientious enough to at least exhale facing away from her. He was vaguely aware that she was giving him a once over. Probably didn’t make the best first impression, rumpled hoodie, messy hair, and hands still flecked with clay, but he wasn’t all that bothered. She clearly didn’t like what she saw, evidenced by a large frown and drawn eyebrows. When she kicked off a shoe and back away, he was utterly perplexed, and was a moment away from asking what in the hell she was doing when she started talking again. Dong Hae couldn’t help but let out a laugh, she looked about as threatening as a thumb tack. “Oh yeah, I can tell. You’re a real beast. ” he said with a roll of his eyes, taking in another pull from the smoke. Joking aside, there was a shake in the girls voice, and she looked pretty freaked out. He heaved another sigh ,stepping towards her, hands out in front of him, trying to placate her “You can calm down I’m not going

He didn’t get a chance to finish his sentence before she started screaming for help, that there was a strange man- presumably him- and brandishing the discarded shoe like some kind of weapon. Dong Hae took a leap back, avoiding being smashed by an errant blow from the footwear, dropping his cigarette for the second time. “Jesus Christ! Calm your tits, will you?” he snapped, the briefly lived pity for the scared girl already long gone. Great, he was stuck up here with a maniac. The woman was clearly unstable, who freaking started waving a shoe around like some kind of mace? “You’re going to take my eye out.” He walked the few steps back to the door. Pounding again.. “The. Door. Is. Sound. Proof” he said, each word enunciated with an exasperated deliberateness, as though she may be a little slow. “So stop screaming. I’ll text my roommates, someone will come get us.” he added with a bit of a grumble.

Fishing his phone from his pocket, he sent off three quick texts, hoping that at least one of his roommates was in a decent enough state to come up and let him off the roof. Because spending hours locked out of the building with a woman who was liable to try to take him out with a shoe, and who was seeming more and more crazy by the second was not high on his list of things he wanted to do. Texts sent, he looked back to girl. “I’m not going to do anything to you you know. ” he said, his tone a little incredulous. Another sigh. “But if it will make you feel safer, here-” he reached out his hand, holding his phone out to her. “Reception is usually spotty up here, but if you think I’m going to attack you or something, you can call the police... Or I don’t know, try to bash my head in with it, since that seems to be your go to.
PM
^
HAN EUN MI
 Posted: Mar 15 2016, 11:52 PM
N/A

That tone in his voice not helping the situation, though instead deepened the already formed dislike toward this stranger. “Someone with half a brain not to trust some completely stranger that looks like he’d dumped a few bodies before coming up here. It’s the only weapon I have, you can kiss my ass.” Breathing out once more give a suspicious glance when he stepped forward holding his cell phone out and giving the choice for her to call the police. Muggings happened quite often and Eun Mi didn’t want to take too much of a chance toying around with some man who looked suspicious. It was better safe than sorry and for now she was choosing safety over being looked at as some defenseless cute damsel in distress.

Damn that, the only rescuing she needed right then was someone coming to open that door. The rest she would take care of on her own while fighting tooth and nail if need be. Another moments debate had Eun Mi finally bringing the shoe back down to the ground, stepping in it but keeping her distance as the atmosphere between the two of them was already set. “My cell phone died four hours ago, so yeah I’m pretty in the know about how spacy the reception can be up here.” Lips purse slightly as she shivered moving to lean herself against the cool wall, sliding down to the ground with a heavy sigh. Now how in the world would she make it home?

By the time they got let back inside…if they got back inside… there wouldn’t be any running taxis to take her own which will render stranded for the third time that night. Though anything sounded better than being stuck up there until sun up. Something that Eun Mi me tried her best to avoid the thought of having to be stuck out there so long with a strange male, whether he wanted to strangle her or not. The entire situation had become one of the most unappealing of them all. Gaze remained plastered right on the ground beneath her, wondering if he would be able to get through to his roommates as it looked as though he didn’t want to be stuck out there either.

Why did she think anyone would be able to hear those screams if the door was sound proof? Simple. Eun Mi had no clue what type of doors or technology they had around the building because she didn’t live there long enough to even take that guess, but it made a bit of sense as to why not even a janitor didn’t stop to checking in on the constant noises. “Sorry for nearly blinding you. I wasn’t actually trying to aim for you anyway.” Mumbling the soft apology before putting her head down against her now folded arms that rested there along her knees.

He wasn’t going to kill her and she nearly killed him so it was safe to say she should’ve at least apologized for that. Scaring him, however was something she wouldn’t apologize for because she had been stuck out there much too long as it were.

PM
^
BANG DONG HAE
 Posted: Mar 19 2016, 02:53 PM

Dong Hae gave his narrow shoulders a shrug at her words. She could suit herself, if she didn't want to call for help, then at least he had offered. See, nice guy. Though that assertion was more his own than anything else. He couldn't help the little chuckle that escaped when she implied he looked like he may have dumped a few bodies before coming up here. Yeah, it was definitely time for laundry. Though he had to say, when people usually referred to him as worry (which obviously meant scrawny) there was a small part of him that wanted to puff his chest out at the idea that he would actually be physically able to man hand bodies around. "Whatever, suit yourself. At least I offered." He said, sliding his phone back into his pocket.

At least she wasn't brandishing the shoe like a bludgeoning weapon anymore. Though the look on her face was still 90% untrusting and 10% dislike, he didn't appear to be in danger of being brained anytime soon. He supposed that was at least partially his fault. He could have been a little nicer and a little less biting when he had spoken to her. His defense was that it was perfectly reasonable to be a little sarcastic and bitting when someone was all but accusing you of being some nefarious criminal intent on god knows what.

He watched as she slipped her foot back in her shoe. Well, that was one threat taken care of at least. His head bobbed down in a nod when the girl said her phone had died ages ago. Seemed about right. Seemed the higher you climbed in the tower, the more likely it was that you would loose all reception or completely drain your battery. It seemed like kind of sweet comeuppance for those who lived in the fancy penthouses. "Seems to happen a lot.... but if you happen to change your mind about wanting my phone, just ask." It was punctuated with another little shrug of indifference.

Dong Hae couldn't help but notice she shivered as she slid down the wall to sit against it, apparently resigned enough to waiting for someone else that she no longer felt like she needed to be standing up and on the defensive. A gentleman would have offered her his hoodie to keep her warm. Unfortunately, Dong Hae wasn't much of a gentleman on the best day, and he certainly wasn't feeling it now. He followed her lead, sitting himself down with his back against the wall and legs stretched out in front of him.

His head was back against the wall, his chin tilted upwards looking at the sky when she muttered a barely audible apology. He brought his face back down, looking across the space between them. He considered, just ignoring her entirely. But it seemed churlish to not respond, especially given that they would be stuck together for god knows how long. So he pulled typical Dong Hae move and just made light of it. "Whatever. No big deal. I figure the worse that could happen would be needed an eyepatch, and really that would only end up making me look more dashing, if that's even possible." He said, still a sarcastic edge to his voice, but not nearly as scathing. After a beat of silence, he added "And sorry if I freaked you out or wherever."
PM
^
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Topic Options
Add Reply
New Poll

Affiliates [ View All | Link-us ]
BAD ❤ ROMANCE GOSSAMER Hul! Daebak Sageon One Chance Love Like Roses INCREDIBLE the first UNTIL DAWN Born Outcast idol generation