Guest!
please register
in all uppercase.
welcome to can't blind me, an tiny tower inspired apartment rp set in busan, south korea.please register in capital letters.

best viewed in chrome.

Add Reply
New Poll

Just Because, RoHye
SONG DA HYE
 Posted: May 27 2016, 02:57 PM
N/A

a rose
by any other name would smell as sweet

The pretty reflection in the silver-framed mirror stared back at DaHye with shimmering eyes and a polite smile. It had been over two years since she had arrived in Busan, and she was pleased to see that the woman in the mirror hadn't changed much since then. DaHye hair was still styled in light waves that cascaded past her shoulders, and her makeup was kept fair and natural. So much had been rearranged and broken before her move to Busan, so it was soothing to see that some things remained constant.

Just half an hour ago, DaHye had received a call from her next door neighbor, who invited her to join him for dinner. It was seemed rather out of the blue, and while the two of them would always smile and greet each other when they passed by in the hallways, they hadn't interacted much otherwise. There had been a few conversations in the elevator, during which DaHye learned that his name was Rowan, he was close to obtaining his surgeon's license, and he had two beautiful children. Of course, she had learned a bit more through casual gossip and chat, just as she presumed he had about her.

A tray of fruit tartlets lied on the counter by the stove. Each one was decorated neatly with strawberries and blueberries in floral patterns over white swirled cream. DaHye was not as talented as the lovely patisserie who lived a few floors down, but the tartlets still looked pretty and were flawless in appearance. She only hoped that Rowan's children would love them. The desserts were a show of gratitude for inviting her to dinner, and it was her pleasure creating them.

Once DaHye left her loft and locked the door behind her, it only a few steps until she was at the next door apartment. Balancing the tray of fruit tartlets in one hand, she lifted her free hand and knocked on the door politely. She plastered a beaming smile on her face to make sure that Rowan would see how thrilled she was to not be dining alone tonight finally. The tray was presented with both hands in front of her as she waited for the door to open.

PM
^
ROWAN PARK
 Posted: May 27 2016, 07:05 PM
N/A

The decision to invite the neighbor over for dinner wasn’t one Rowan had thought through for very long. He’d been coming back from his shift and from picking his kids up from daycare , and had decided that rather than ordering pizza or takeout, he might as well cook. He wasn’t as exhausted as he usually was, and he wanted to spend time with his kids. So he’d swung by the grocery store on the way home to pick up ingredients. But when he’d been about to open the door to his apartment, he felt a tug on his hand and looked down to see mariana trying to walk, not into his own apartment, but over to the next door.

Rowan knew that his kids had really liked his neighbor the times they’d seen her, and since he still worked from the recipes he used before his wife left, he did have a lot more groceries than they’d need for just the three of them. So he’d called her. He’d initially exchanged numbers with her when she moved in, in case his apartment was on fire or he needed an emergency sitter for Milo and Mariana, but this was his first time using it. And the truth was… he was excited. He spent most of his waking hours at work, and when he wasn’t at the hospital he was usually spending time with his kids. It was seldom that he had purely social time with people his age, and he couldn’t remember the last time he had invited someone over to his house.

He’s just taken the roast duck from the oven when he heard the knock. Attempting to not completely trip over his children on his way to the door, he wiped his hands off on his apron and opened the door. He was greeted by some rather spectacular looking fruit tarts and an even more spectacular smile. He smiled shyly and bobbed a small bow, wondering for a brief moment if he was underdressed. ”Come in, come in. I hope my impromptu invitation didn’t cut in on anything, but I thought it was about time. We’ve been neighbors for how long now?” He ushered her in, taking the tray from her. ”These look great, I'm very impressed actually. Did you make them yourse-” His head snapped up at the small noises coming from the kitchen. ”Milo, love, no playing in the kitchen when daddy’s cooking.” He sent an apologetic look at his guest for both the sudden switch to English when he spoke to his son and the fact that it was hardly polite to leave in the middle of a conversation. However… ”Sorry, one moment. He set the tray down on the dining table, jogged over to the kitchen to grab his son from where he was half in and half out of the pots and pans cupboard and came back with him slung over a shoulder. ”I need to get one of those gate things to block off the kitchen. He’s not tall enough to reach the knives yet, but he is in his climbing stage so it’s only a matter of time.” He set Milo down next to where Mariana was patiently using her blocks to construct some kind of wall and then turned back to his guest. ”Sorry, again. Um… Can I take your coat? Get you anything to drink? Please, make yourself comfortable, I'm almost finished.” Was he nervous? Wow, it had been a long time since he'd entertained company.

outfit; Tag: SONG DA HYE

PM
^
SONG DA HYE
 Posted: May 27 2016, 10:45 PM
N/A

a rose

The door opened only a few seconds after DaHye had knocked, and her beaming smile only grew wider when she saw Rowan standing high above her in the doorway and greeting her. Immediately, she bent at the waist and bowed to her senior politely. "We've been neighbors for about two years, if I recall correctly. So I wanted to thank you for inviting me to dinner, and I wanted to give these to you as a gift," expressed DaHye as she presented the tray of fruit tarts to Rowan. "I especially hope that the children love them. They were my favorite when I was their age, and they may still be now." A small chuckle sounded from her lips as she made her way through the door.

As soon as she stepped inside, DaHye noticed the family atmosphere. Her own apartment was clearly a single, young woman's apartment, with its lavender walls, its floral and fleur-de-lys patterns, and the perpetual smell of perfume. However, Rowan's possessed the warm and welcoming aura of children-friendliness that anybody could appreciate. DaHye could imagine Rowan, his son, and his daughter living comfortably in a space like this, but she would grow lonely in her own if she continued to be as she was. However, that was a thought for another time.

DaHye failed to suppress a shocked gasp when she saw Rowan's son, Milo, infiltrating the cabinet of pots and pans, but her surprise turned into amusement when his father pulled him out and slung him over the shoulder. By watching how he treated his children and listening to him talk about baby-proofing the apartment, DaHye knew that Milo and Mariana had been blessed with an amazing father who loved them more than anyone else in the world.

After wondering where the coat rack was, DaHye was relieved when Rowan offered to take her coat and hang it up. Impressed by and grateful for his wonderful hospitality, she bowed once again and beamed at him. "Oh yes, thank you very much. And may I just have a glass of water, please?" DaHye's parents raised a well-mannered woman, and she naturally spoke to Rowan with honorifics and proper etiquette suitable to somebody of his seniority. "You have a lovely home, Dr. Park. Perhaps you could give me a tour after dinner?" proposed the chaebol-born, young woman with a cordial smile.

DaHye shook her head politely and smiled at Rowan after he placed Milo down beside his sister. "There's no need to apologize. Children are curious, and I'm sure you and I were like them once. I may have even been more mischievous." She chuckled lightly before walking up to the children and bending down, her hands resting on above her knees. Then with a perfect English accent, DaHye spoke to them. "Hi there, Milo and Mariana. You do remember me, right? My name is DaHye." A compassionate smile flashed to them as her eyes sparkled. Although she had only lived in Canada for two years, her foreign birth in Vancouver had granted her an education at an American international school, where she had been taught and perfected her English. It was her second language, but she still spoke it well for somebody whose memories were all of Korea. She glanced at the wall of blocks and then displayed a semi-dramatic expression of being surprised. "Wow, what is this that you're building? It's getting so big!" DaHye looked at Mariana with cheerful eyes, hoping that the young girl was at an age when she could reply back with words of her own.

PM
^
ROWAN PARK
 Posted: May 28 2016, 03:30 PM
N/A

Two years ago.. Ah, right. His kids had been about six months old, and he and Miri were beginning to have problems. Well, he assumed that the problems had been present for a while, but he hadn’t noticed them until after the children were born and Miri had begun to be more vocal about how discontent she was with her life with him. She didn’t want a life where she was home with the children all day while her husband was always working, and that wasn’t the future she had envisioned for herself.

Rowan held back a sigh, and a slight twitch in his forehead was all the sign he gave of his still present heartache. He kept the smile on his face however as he welcomed her in. ”I appreciate it. I was actually wondering what we would do for dessert. I have some ice cream and sorbet in the freezer, but this is a much nicer option. I’m sure the twins will love them, though for now I’ll keep them out of sight so they don’t get too excited and forego their dinner.”

He didn’t know how Da Hye would feel about the slight chaos that was always present when one had children in their terrible twos. Did she have siblings or nieces and nephews, or was this a complete mess to her? No time to worry about it now. Now, he had to rescue his son from inevitable injury. Coming back with Milo slung over his shoulder, he grinned at the boy and wrinkled his nose. ”You know, you were a lot easier to work with when you couldn’t crawl or walk yet.” He set his son down with a quick tickle to his stomach, and was rewarded with the bubbling chuckle that always made Rowan’s heart swell.

”Of course.” He took her coat and hung it up before heading back to the kitchen for water. He handed it to her and smiled. ”There’s not much to see, but I’d love to. And there’s no need for all that, Rowan is fine. I’m Dr. Park at work, here I’m Rowan, or daddy. But for you, Rowan would probably be better.” He cleared his throat and then laughed at the memory of his own childhood mischief. “Oh, I remember. My mom has plenty of stories.” He was about to head back into the kitchen to finish his soup when he heard Da Hye speak, and his eyebrows shot up. He spoke mostly English to his kids because he knew that at daycare, and eventually at school, they’d be hearing and speaking mostly Korean. He knew that it could help them in the future to be bilingual, and he’d had a lot of friends in school growing up whose parents had done it this way and it worked for them. But he hadn’t expected Da Hye to know English or to speak it so well. He decided to ask about it later and muttered a quick ”excuse me.” before going into the kitchen to finish up. He glanced into the living room while he started carving the duck and smiled when his kids said “hi” in unison. Milo tried to pull Da Hye down to the ground to show her his action figures while Mari nodded seriously. “Yeah, it’s a castle for my animals.” Rowan looked and sure enough, she had a pile of all her zoo animal toys sitting next to her. He made a mental note to clean those up, because he knew from experience that those plastic little bastards could hurt when stepped on.

First he spooned out two small bowls and plates and put them in the fridge so that his kids’ food would be the right temperature for them. Then he started putting together banchan plates and setting the table, chuckling to himself as Mari handed Da Hye a lion. “You be this one. He’s trying to eat them, but they’re hiding in the castle. Mi you can be the guard. I'll be the princess."

PM
^
SONG DA HYE
 Posted: May 29 2016, 01:59 AM
N/A

a rose

Hearing that there were plenty of stories of mischief about Rowan's childhood piqued DaHye's interest and she arched a graceful brow, grinning with amusement. She imagined him as a young boy getting into trouble and creating scares for his mother. "Maybe you'll tell me a couple of these stories during dinner? I know I would love to hear about them." She giggled lightly and watched as Rowan hid the fruit tarts from his children's sights. "And the food smells amazing already, Rowan," said DaHye, emphasizing his name with a playful nod.

Both Mariana and Milo had so much of their father in them. They both shared his sparkling eyes and high cheekbones, and their remarkable beauty was already so visible. DaHye hadn't ever seen a photo of Rowan's former wife, but she could imagine how gorgeous she was if she had married this man and bore him a marvelous son and daughter. It wasn't a topic that she would ever dream of discussing with Rowan, as it must have been a very sensitive matter still and it was improper etiquette to pry into one's former married life.

Before she had the time to think deeper into the subject, DaHye was pulled down to the floor by Milo, and she obliged by kneeling down and tucking her legs underneath her. The young law student chuckled as she listened to Mari talk about her animal castle. A smile came to her lips when Milo pushed a toy lion into her hand, and she shook the animal figurine as if it were mad and starving for its prey. DaHye's voice emitted a small and cute 'grr' sound as she moved the lion towards the castle's gate and pretended to paw at it ferociously.

"Open the door so I can have my dinner," growled 'the lion' as DaHye hoped that she was playing like they wanted her to and that they weren't yet at the age when they would call her out for making an animal speak in English, or at all. The lion then began to approach the guard and stopped in front of it. "Where's my princess? Where did she go?" Her 'lion's voice' seemed to be amusing to the children as DaHye played along with them. She did feel silly to be doing this, but it was, at the same time, refreshing and nostalgic to be participating in this 'prince and princess' game with Mari and Milo. It helped her reconnect with her inner child in a way that she wouldn't have imagined before this evening.

She glanced over her shoulder to see if Rowan needed any assistance with dinner, but it seemed he was almost done with preparations. The table had already been set, the banchan plates placed all around, and the entrées were sitting in waiting to be eaten. It wouldn't be long before she and the children were called to dinner. DaHye then looked back at the children and smiled softly, wondering how Rowan had raised two such wonderful kids on his own. It was something she deeply admired.

PM
^
ROWAN PARK
 Posted: May 29 2016, 09:12 PM
N/A

Laughter bubbled in Rowan’s chest and he looked between Da Hye and his children. ”I don’t know. I mean, I’m not sure I want to give them ideas.” He lowered his voice to his dramatic whisper. ”See, Milo’s very obviously curious, and he satisfies that through his exploration and adventure and everything. Mari’s a lot quieter, but she’s equally as curious. She’s less physically active - like she didn’t walk until a few months after Milo did, but she started talking earlier, and her mind is very active. She’s the type who will probably end up coming up with elaborate schemes and sending Milo off as a minion to execute her dastardly plans, and he’ll do it because it sounds interesting, but then he’ll be the one to suffer the consequences.” He narrowed his eyes, watching his children, but then realized he’d gone off on a ramble. He blushed and looked up at her. ”But I’d love to tell you some other time. Just… not when they’re actively listening.”

He smiled and ducked his head at the compliment at his cooking. ”Well, let’s hope it tastes good too.” He smothered a chuckle when Milo dragged Da Hye next to him and promptly sat on her lap while Mari started casting parts in the make-believe world she was creating. From what he could see, her unicorn was the princess, and she was handing Milo the tiger to guard her castle. He was surprised Da Hye was so game to play along, and it got him wondering. Did she like kids? Did she have siblings to play with, or was she at the point that some of her friends had children who wanted to play with her?

He wasn’t sure what to do at this point. Dinner was ready, but… His children were happy playing, and it was nice to watch. They did interact with other people, but their daycare leaders were also taking care of ten other kids, and their babysitters were all young, usually in high school. He wondered if it was unfair to his kids, to have him as both mother and father. It was the one thing he resented Miri for: he understood why she left him, but he couldn’t fathom how anyone could leave Mariana and Milo behind.

He shook himself out of his reverie and watched as Mari, between giggles, made concerned neighing sounds from her unicorn who was levitating up behind the wall (as unicorns do, of course) before saying “You’ll never get me! Guard! Get him!” Milo hopped his tiger over and roared (which consisted of saying ‘roar’ in what Rowan assumed was Milo’s most menacing tone). From his position in da hye’s lap, Milo was in a convenient position to duel her lion. “I’ll protect you pwincess. I’ll beat you monster!” In classic tiger fighting style, Milo proceeded to jump his tiger up and down on the lion.

Rowan continued to set the table, and served up two adult size bowls of the manduguk for him and his guest. Finally, he grabbed some hot oil and sesame oil and put them on the table next to the plate of duck, should his guest want to make any additions. When it looked like the fierce battle in the living room was wrapping up, he poked his head in. ”Dinner’s ready. If the princess is safe and her enemy vanquished, you can all come in.”

He pulled the seat out for his guests first and helped each of his children into their respective booster seats before sitting down himself. ”Please, help yourself.”

PM
^
SONG DA HYE
 Posted: May 30 2016, 01:06 AM
N/A

a rose

It didn't take very long before the lion was pinned underneath the tiger, or 'the guard,' and was being trampled beneath its feet. DaHye assumed that this was the triumphant part of the story when the brave night defeated the evil villain, in this case, the lion. So instead of making her character resist, she made a high-pitched squeak every time the tiger jumped on top of it. The action repeated itself several times before the lion began rolling around, dazed, and then fainted far away from the castle and the unicorn princess. DaHye gasped and smiled gleefully to the children. "Look at that! The guard won, and he gets to save the princess now," narrated the young woman as she clapped her hands for the heroes.

As Milo and Mari wrapped up their story, DaHye watched them with a soft smile and thought back to when Rowan had been telling her about the different personalities and quirks of both his children and how they affect how each one acts. She could empathize with both of them, though. Growing up, she had been more of the type to desire something and then summon somebody else to obtain it for her. She would create the master plan and be remarkably detailed about it as well.

However, since moving to Busan with the intentions of proving to her parents that she had what it took to become successful through her own endeavors, she had begun to take action for herself. DaHye no longer had a fiancé to charm into accompanying her everywhere she went, and she eventually realized that she didn't need one anyways. She had gradually become more independent until she was where she was today. And it would only be one more year until she graduated from law school and formally became a professional lawyer. The finish line was so close that she could see it clearly on the horizon.

Once Mari's and Milo's story game with the guard-tiger and the unicorn-princess came to its grand finale, almost as if on cue, Rowan called everybody to the dining room for dinner. "Sounds like it's time to eat? Who's hungry?" chirped DaHye with a wide grin, her mouth open as she got the children excited for dinner. That is, if kids even needed a cheerleader to enthuse over food. She followed closely behind Mari and Milo into the dining room, and as soon as she entered, DaHye inhaled deeply, letting the various aromas fill her nose, and she sighed contently. "Everything smells and looks fabulous, Rowan. Thank you so much for preparing all of this." She expressed her appreciation and gratitude sincerely as she took the seat beside Rowan's and sat down, crossing her ankles and folding her hands into her lap.

After a silently giving grace, DaHye reopened her eyes and lifted a pair of chopsticks in her right hand before scanning over the various dishes available on the table, as well as the exquisite bowl of manduguk in front of her. She took two slices of danmooji and set them onto the side of her bowl. Then she took a bite of a mandu/dumpling and a spoonful of the broth, and she hummed pleasantly upon experiencing the delectable taste. "This soup is truly delicious. I've had manduguk many times, but it's never tasted as wonderful as this." She showed her delight by eating another dumpling and treating herself to more of the soup.

Rowan seemed like the perfect father. He was compassionate, playful, and charming, and his skills as a chef were very impressive. It was certain that Milo and Mari would never grow weary of the various dishes that their dad could prepare. Also, he had blessed both of his children with stunning looks and great character. There was so much about Rowan that DaHye wanted to learn, and she supposed that this evening was the perfect time to start. "So Rowan," she began, looking to him with a polite smile and cheerful eyes. "Did you study medicine in Seoul, or perhaps somewhere outside of Korea? And what inspired you to pursue it?" DaHye pushed back her hair as she took a sip from her glass of water to cleanse her palette and then continued to smile at him.

PM
^
ROWAN PARK
 Posted: May 30 2016, 04:22 PM
N/A

Mariana and Milo raced into the dining room, Mari attaching herself to Rowan’s leg while Milo tried to climb up the chair into his seat by himself. Rowan sorted them out and smiled at da hye, who was taking the seat he’d pulled out for her. He grinned at the compliment, finally getting them into their seats and settling down. ”Why thank you. I’m afraid I don’t get to cook very often. Lots of late nights, and half the time when I’m home for dinner, I’m exhausted. But today was a good day, and I hadn’t made this for a while.”

He looked up when she tasted it, and beamed. ”Thanks. It was actually the first korean recipe I ever learned. I learned some cooking from my mom, but she taught me how to make like… tacos and quiche and pasta and stuff like that. But I spent a winter break with my dad here when I was in middle school and he taught me how to cook a few things. This was one of the first, and it’s still one of my favorites.” He smiled at the memory. He’d loved growing up with his mom, but he had always valued the times he’d spent with his dad.

He wondered if her questions were out of politeness, but he had to admit, he was curious about her. He hadn’t spoken to her very often, and it had never been personal questions. He’d seen her with textbooks, so maybe she was a student? But she could also very well be a teacher. He took a bite while he collected his story. He cleared his throat and began. ”I actually studied here in Busan. Did my time at med school - though, not what I was expecting. Med school is much different here in Korea than in the States. Then had my internship and started my residency at the BNU hospital. I have less than two years left of my residency to be a general surgeon, but then I’ll do my fellowship for trauma, so I’ll be entirely independent in three years. Finally.” He sighed. ”And I guess… It’s just what I always wanted to do. I was always really good with science - like, I literally started studying the history of medicine when I was nine, because I was curious. Tiny nerd, I know - and I wanted to help people. I didn’t want to do research because I wouldn’t be seeing the effects of my work I guess. And it’s really fulfilling. I decided on surgery because it’s fast paced and they can kind of do it all. They’re part of diagnosis, they’re in the whole care process, and then they get to do the operation. And you get to pick the music during the surgery.”

He paused to help Milo, who was getting more food on his bib than in his mouth. Rowan realized that was probably the most he’d ever said to her at one time. Maybe it was time to let her talk. ”What about you? What do you do and what led you there?”

PM
^
SONG DA HYE
 Posted: May 31 2016, 02:54 AM
N/A

a rose

So Rowan's parents lived apart. His mother was American and his father was Korean. That much was new information to DaHye. She had figured that he had learned English in the United States, as not only was his accent perfect, but the speech patterns and vocabulary that he used were so natural and inherent of a native speaker of the language. His propensity for English was remarkable, but so was it for Korean as well.

DaHye listened as Rowan talked about learning American recipes from his mother and Korean recipes from his father. And this specific dish, manduguk, held tremendous sentimental value to him, as it was the first Korean one that he'd learned to cook. "Well, your parents raised an amazing chef." Her gaze glanced towards Mari and Milo, and she smiled fondly at them, her eyes sparkling with admiration. "And they raised one spectacular father as well." Her smile turned back to Rowan and a light giggle left her lips.

It never ceased to amaze DaHye how much doctors worked to become what they were today. After all of the long years that it had taken to earn his medical license, it still would require more time to become certified in his specialty and a fellowship to specify it even further. It would take three more years? The dedication that he showed towards both his family and his career was inspiring. "You must feel so happy to be so close to where you want to be. All of the long, hard work has gotten you there, hasn't it?" DaHye offered a warm look to Rowan before she took another spoonful of her soup and another dumpling. "So then what happens after you become a trauma surgeon? What's the next goal for Dr. Rowan Park?" She tilted her head curiously yet interestedly, blinking a couple of times. Her father had always told her that dreams never ended. Once one was realized, another began.

Before she knew it, it was DaHye's turn to talk about herself. But where was she supposed to begin? Her law school endeavors didn't enter her mind until she had moved to Busan a few years ago. And the story about her years in the States, her fiancé, and everything that led up to her decision to enroll were certainly not suitable to a first dinner conversation. DaHye took a moment to collect her thoughts and to decide where to start. "Well, when I returned to Korea and moved to Busan, so much had happened in my life over which I had no control, and I always wanted to do something to help the world, so it was the proudest moment in my life when I announced to my parents that I had gotten accepted to BNU's School of Law. This is something I've been able to do through my own efforts, and I love it," explained DaHye with a light tone and a soft grin. She had deliberately left her pre-law school history vague, and perhaps in time, she would open up more about it. But for now, why ruin a perfectly lovely dinner with such stories?

PM
^
ROWAN PARK
 Posted: Jun 2 2016, 01:23 PM
N/A

An amazing chef and amazing father? Rowan took a bite and leaned over to help cut up a piece of mandu that was slightly too large for Mariana, hoping his activity would distract from his blush. Finally, he turned back to his guest and raised an eyebrow. ”Miss Song, you don’t need to flatter me. I mean, I appreciate it, of course, but I don’t think my ego needs any more inflating.” To be honest, though, it was nice. Having a stranger with no apparent ulterior motive complimenting out of the blue was encouraging. And yes, it didn’t hurt that she was attractive.

A sigh escaped his lips as he considered. Training had been his life for so long. And yes, he was a doctor already, and he’d been doing surgeries for a while. But he wouldn’t be free and independent for three more years. ”It’s strange, to be honest.” He said in reply, thinking out loud. ”Like… I’ve never not been under someone else’s guidance. I’ve been working toward this for so long, the thought of being completely done is actually kind of intimidating. Like you work so long to get to one point, what will you do when you actually get there, you know?” He rubbed his chin, feeling the slight prickle of the shadow that had grown in over the day as he thought over his plans. ”Ambitiously, I’d say head of surgery. But that would take a while. I’d say just… I’ll work at my current hospital for a while, unless I get a better offer. I’d kind of like to eventually do something like doctors without borders, but I’d have to wait until the Ms are older and either able to travel or able to be without me for however long I’m gone.” He narrowed his eyes at the two children in question, who were currently both banging their spoons against their plates and laughing, and chuckled. ”Though I’d definitely miss them like crazy. I’d prefer that they came with me. Maybe I can wait fourteen or fifteen years and they can come with me.”

He leaned forward when the conversation turned to her, eyes lighting up with interest. ”What type of law do you want to practice?” He enjoyed learning about other people, and now that he thought about it, it was strange that he hadn’t really had any serious conversations with da hye before. For the past two years, this woman had been right on the other side of his wall. They’d been eating, sleeping, crying, laughing, living… all just ten meters from each other, and he knew next to nothing about her. Well, maybe he could remedy that tonight.

He leaned his chin on his fist, smiling a little. He liked when people loved what they did. It made them more interesting, in his opinion, and it made their stories more enjoyable to hear. ”Where were you before returning to Busan?”

PM
^
SONG DA HYE
 Posted: Jun 4 2016, 10:47 PM
N/A

a rose

From what she had seen so far, DaHye could tell what an amazing man Rowan was, and it was a miracle that he hadn't been snatched up by another woman since the divorce. Perhaps he was not yet ready to return to the dating world, and DaHye couldn't blame him for that. It's was immensely challenging to open oneself up to love after such heartbreak, and her own experiences with her ex-fiancé allowed for her to empathize with Rowan.

"I don't mean to simply flatter. Is it not fair to praise a man who is such an inspiration?" beamed DaHye before she picked a piece of kimchi from one of the banchan bowls and bit into it. She washed it down with a sip of water and then smiled again at Rowan. The dinner was clearly satisfying for the children as well, who looked very pleased. DaHye couldn't stop herself from giggling when she saw the two of them scooping spoonfuls of soup and dumplings into their mouths. It was no secret how much she loved kids, and seeing them made her face glow more brightly.

Rowan's words about working under somebody else's command rang true to DaHye as she listened to him talk about how intimidating it felt to be completely on his own. The Canadian-born woman had struggled during her entire life with such a problem, and she understood precisely how it felt. "I see what you mean," began DaHye as she stirred her soup. "I spent my life growing up abiding by other people's whim, which even led me to New York, where I lived before Busan. I didn't know how to be independent until I came here. And since then, I haven't regretted it for a moment." DaHye had intentionally left out significant details that she didn't feel was appropriate to share at the first dinner, like how her parents had betrothed her to a another man and how she moved to the States because their families wanted them to be closer to each other. She had moved on from that lifestyle, and she couldn't have been happier.

As Rowan leaned forward towards her, DaHye did the same towards him, her expression mirroring his. "I picture myself as a personal injury lawyer. I want to stand up for those who can't do so for themselves, and I want to represent them against their wrongdoers or the negligence and adversity that they've faced." She raised the glass to her lips and took a sip of her water. "I want to do that or maybe be an entertainment lawyer. The idols and actors in Korea these days are often cheated out of their hard work and earnings by their agencies. I want for them to receive the benefits and payments that they deserve. I suppose I'll have to decide by the end of next year, but I have a feeling that the lucky stars will show me a sign." DaHye flashed a hopeful smile to Rowan and then leaned away.

Once she was finished with her soup, DaHye placed her silverware over her bowl and folded her hands politely in her lap. "Before I moved to Busan, I lived in New York while attending university. I was a Literature and Dance double major at NYU, and I loved it." Her eyes lowered but her smile remained plastered on her pretty face. "I haven't gone back since graduation, but I miss New York and I hope I can return some day. It's just a matter of when I will." DaHye shrugged her shoulders and chuckled, but pushed the thought away. "How often do you go back to the States?" asked DaHye, her eyes sparkling.

PM
^
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Topic Options
Add Reply
Fast Reply
New Poll

Affiliates [ View All | Link-us ]
BAD ❤ ROMANCE GOSSAMER Hul! Daebak Sageon One Chance Love Like Roses INCREDIBLE the first UNTIL DAWN Born Outcast idol generation